Eyebrow Enhancements (Microblading) at Gastown Tattoo
We are pleased to announce that we are now offering microblading at our shop in our newly expanded upstairs facility at an introductory rate of $400 only until May 1st. Creating the most natural looking hair strokes using eyebrow semi-permanent makeup with the use of Manual Microblading, also known as Feather Brows or Eyebrow Embroidery. This technique creates crisp, fine hair strokes that fill in thin brows, brows with bald spots and total brow reconstruction. We also offer semi-permanent freckles as well.
Framing and balancing the face, a well-designed and groomed brow can instantly give lift and emphasis to the eyes, giving a more youthful appearance. Various concerns such as sparse, thin or naturally very light eyebrows can be addressed by adding fullness and definition without compromising a natural look.
The order of importance will of course vary from person to person depending on their perceived area of concern, however, most people would agree that the eyebrows can make the most dramatic difference to the basic symmetry and enhancement of the face as a whole.
The initial microblading treatment will be followed with a touch up between 2-3 months later. Semi-permanent make up as the name implies requires periodical maintenance to ensure the freshness of the look, but you can expect the enhancement to last anything from 1-3 years before a re-touch treatment is required.
Please continue to read below for more information. We are happy to set up an initial non-obligatory consultation to discuss it further with you.
WHAT IS MICROBLADING?
Also known as brow feathering, eyebrow tattoos or eyebrow embroidery, we achieve your desired look by implanting colour micro-pigment beneath the surface of the skin by means of a tiny, sterile, disposable needle. It is the process of creating semi-permanent eyebrow tattoos, using delicate hand drawn small tattoo strokes to look like natural hairs. The results leave you with defined brows to enhance the natural features of your face.
HOW DOES THIS DIFFER FROM STANDARD BODY TATTOOING?
The purpose of microblading or feathering is to enhance the natural features of a client. It is softer and more subtle. It is meant to be natural looking beauty enhancement. The pigments we use for eyebrows are designed to gently fade over time. Fading is desired to allow the technician to make changes to colour and shape over the years as the client’s natural colouration and facial changes occur.
WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM THE PROCEDURE?
Whether your brows are sparse and uneven, or you’re looking for a low-maintenance, polished appearance, brow tattooing can enhance your current arches.
- The look of natural full and even brows
- Semi-permanent, allowing adjustment to your brow shape as you age or as beauty trends change
- Camouflages sparse areas for a natural look
- Can hide scars
WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE YOU?
Reputation is everything. Gastown Tattoo has been in business since 2011 and we have developed a reputation over that time as doing quality work and offering exceptional customer service. We have done thousands of tattoos and offer a first class environment. Our pricing is always fair and we stand behind our work.
-Currently we are offering microblading at a discounted rate of $400 (only until May 1st)
-We use only the top European and North American made pigments and blades.
-The pigments we use do not contain ferric oxide which means that we have the ability to laser it off in the rare event that you were not satisfied with how the procedure turned out.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
For best results, we recommend the following:
- Stop using skin thinners (vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the brow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment
- Do not consume alcohol, caffeine or blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, or Niacin) 24 hours before your procedure, to avoid excess bleeding
- Avoid working out the day of your appointment
- Avoid sun/ tanning bed exposure for 3-4 weeks BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn, you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the tattoo pigment with it
- Some cosmetic procedures should be completed prior to your brow tattoo:
o Brow waxing/shaping (2 days in advance)
o Brow tinting (1 week in advance)
o Cosmetic botox/fillers (2 weeks in advance)
Consultation & Brow Design: (30 min)
Please bring any brow example photos that catch your eye. As artists, we will work with you to shape and design a set of brows that highlights your natural facial features. From there, we choose a pigment match based on your skin tone and hair colour. This consultation can occur prior to your actual microblading appointment or done the same day before we begin.
Numbing and Eyebrow Mapping: (45 min)
To begin the process we map out the brow to find the most optimal shape for your face, thereby creating what would have grown in naturally. Also, we want you to be as comfortable as possible Prior to the procedure, a topical anesthetic (5% lidocaine ointment) is applied. We also layer an additional numbing agent during the tattooing.
Tattooing: (60-90 min)
Your microblading specialist will carefully create small strokes of pigment that mimic the appearance of natural brow hair within the designed shape.
Post Appointment Healing:
The full, deep healing process takes 6-8 weeks; however, your visible top layers of skin will heal after 2 weeks. Your brows will experience a few normal mild side effects (slight redness, itchiness and peeling), which clients compare to the feeling of a sunburn.
Expect your tattoo to appear darker for the first 3-5 days. After day 4 or 5, light peeling will occur, revealing lighter and softer hair strokes.
Long-term aftercare is crucial for the longevity of your brow investment. More information is available near the bottom of this page.
WHAT WILL MY HEALED BROW TATTOO LOOK LIKE?
Healed results will vary from person to person. Your results will vary depending on skin type, lifestyle and the immediate and long-term aftercare of your new tattoo. Once healed (after 6 weeks), the colour will reduce by 30-50 percent. Patchiness and lightness can be perfected during your second session.
WILL I NEED A TOUCH UP AFTER MY INITIAL APPOINTMENT?
The majority of clients require 2 sessions to have their brows perfected. Touch up appointments can be made 2-3 months after your first visit. Clients with fuller brows may not need additional touchups; however, clients with little or no natural brow hairs, or have corrected work, may need further density added.
After we’ve achieved your desired brow, an annual touchup is highly recommended to maintain the tattoos.
HOW LONG WILL THE FINAL RESULTS LAST?
Your brow tattoo will last 1-3 years depending on lifestyle, sun exposure and skin type. Oilier skin types tend to fade quicker than drier skin types.
WILL BROW TATTOOING BE PAINFUL?
To ensure maximum comfort during the procedure we use a topical numbing with 5% lidocaine prior and during your procedure. Since pain tolerance and sensitivity varies individually, we can’t say exactly how it will feel for you. The procedure uses a smaller needle than traditional tattooing and should hurt significantly less. Clients have related the procedure with eyebrow threading, plucking multiple hairs at once or a light scratching of the skin.
WILL NATURAL BROW HAIRS BE REMOVED DURING THE PROCESS?
We incorporate as much of the natural brow hairs as possible. Any strays that lay outside of the brows design will be removed.
DO YOU OFFER SEMI PERMANENT TATTOOED FRECKLES?
Yes we do. Using the same method as we do with the micropigmented eyebrows, we can create realistic freckles on your face which will fade away in time. Please email the shop to find out about rates, etc.
CAN I GET TATTOOED WHILE I’M PREGNANT?
Although microblading is a safe and low risk procedure, for your own safety and peace of mind, Gastown Tattoo will not tattoo any clients who are pregnant or breastfeeding. If you discover you are pregnant and have an appointment scheduled, please notify us so we can reschedule and make future arrangements.
WILL COSMETIC TATTOOING WORK WELL FOR ME?
- If you have extremely oily skin, the hair stroke eyebrow technique will NOT work well for you. The constant production of oil will cause the hair strokes to heal with a diffused, softer look. Your end result will look more powdery than defined.
- If you have little to no existing hair, your tattoo will appear more two-dimensional than those clients who have more hair naturally.
- If you are a frequent smoker, your pigment may fade sooner.
- If you are iron deficient or anemic, your pigment may fade sooner and bleeding/bruising may occur during and after the procedure.
HOW WILL MY COSMETIC TATTOO LOOK IN THE FUTURE?
During your appointment, we will analyze your skin’s undertone to anticipate how pigment colours will fade in the future. We also mix pigments to ensure the colour blends well with your existing eyebrow and hair colour.
The majority of tattoos stay true to colour and lighten naturally over time; however, in some cases colours may fade to different tones according to the individual’s response to the pigments.
Many factors affect these changes, such as lifestyle and iron deficiencies. At your follow up appointment, we will re-analyze how your body has responded to the initial colour. Special formula alteration to correct the colour and to prevent further change is made at this time. Your eyebrow tattoo will eventually look softer and have more of a “powdered” look. This happens with all clients as the skin ages. To keep your hair strokes looking good, a refresher appointment is suggested every 1 to 2 years. Results vary with each client.
IS THE STUDIO AND EQUIPMENT SAFE?
Yes. We pride ourselves on our reputation of being a clean and sterile studio. We only practice with single use, disposable needles. This means each set-up for a new client is safely discarded afterwards. Each of our stations are thoroughly disinfected before opening and after each procedure throughout the day. Our shop has been in business for over 5 years with a track record that speaks for itself.
WHAT ABOUT AFTERCARE?
Aftercare (The treated area is an open wound, and can become infected easily if not taken care of properly)
- Keep area dry from all liquids for 7 days after treatment. All liquids will expand a wound and create extra scabbing, as well as creating unwanted pigment migration.
- Disinfect the treated area twice a day with q-tip and a small amount of saline solution.
- In case of irritation and swelling, a very small amount of bacitracin can be used on the area during the first 4 days
- DO NOT use any other ointments, creams or antibiotics on the area besides the ones that I give to you!
- After day 7 you can use gentle soap to clean treated area.
- No workouts for 48 hours post procedure
- No saunas, steam rooms, swimming pools, lakes or rivers for at least 2 weeks
- Avoid smoke, dust, dirt and debris for the first 7 days
- No sunbathing or tanning for at least 3-4 weeks
- No tinting, chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or botox for at least 3-4 weeks
- No makeup or cosmetics on treated area for at least 10 days
- DO NOT SCRATCH, ITCH, RUB, TOUCH or SLEEP on treated area while healing!!!!
HOW DO I MAKE A MICROBLADING APPOINTMENT?
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the front desk at 604-642-6556